Open Personal Bank
Account in Cyprus
About the Bank
This bank is the largest bank in Cyprus. It offers a full range of banking and financial services to both domestic and international customers.
The bank was established in 1899. It offers services through its branches in Cyprus and Channel Islands.
The bank also has representative offices in Russia, South Africa, Ukraine and China.
Currently the bank has over 36 billion EUR in assets.
Information about opening a Bank Account in Cyprus
Each Signatory should provide the the following:
- Valid passport (pages containing photo, signature and personal details)
- Bank reference letter issued less than 6 months ago
- Proof of residential address (original utility bill with individual’s name and residential address)
Clients are required to have all personal documents and bank application forms apostilled and send them to the bank. Alternatively, certification of all of all documents could be done by the Cyprus Embassy or Consulate in the country where you reside.
Personal visit is not required when you are able to send apostilled or certified documents to the bank.
When a client is not able to apostille their personal documents or have them certified by the Cyprus Embassy or Consulate, you will be required to visit one of the bank’s offices in Cyprus or their representative office in China (Beijing).
No initial deposit is required.
No minimum balance is required.
- Access to account balances and account transactions
- Transfer money between accounts in the same bank
- International wire transfer payments
The bank offers debit cards Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- 24/7 access to funds in any place of the world
- worldwide acceptance for any online or in store purchases
- worldwide cash withdraw
There is no credit limit and security deposit required for debit cards. As soon as you have a positive balance in your account you may use the card.
Credit cards are not available.
It takes approximately 2 to 3 months to open an account once the bank has received all completed application forms and personal documents.
The bank opens accounts in USD, EUR, GBP, CAD CHF and AUD.